How's Your Pony is an online marketing consultancy that taps into audience needs and competitive intelligence to form serious online content and marketing strategies.
What How's Your Pony does
How's Your Pony uses brand and competitive intelligence to help your company define target audiences' specific needs, gain from your strengths, and capitalize on your competitors' weaknesses. This can translate into a targeted marketing strategy, valuable product insights, and content strategy aimed specifically at what your audiences want, all of which can inherently help your SEO. Meet us: Laura :: Heather :: Anshul :: Eric
Pony Code of Ethics
- Tell it like it is. You can count on us to be honest and straightforward in our assessments and deliverables.
- We will only accept clients who have problems we can solve. If we aren't the consultancy for your problem, we'll tell you. If we can't meet eye to eye on approach, we'll tell you. We don't take clients just to take clients. We work with businesses where we know we can make a difference.
- We are vocal proponents of white-hat SEO. We believe that audience-centric optimization is the only long-term legitimate strategy and say that every chance we get.
- We are working to change SEO from the inside out. We don't like that our industry is peppered with bad information and short-term thinking. We will set a better example by providing measurable results gained by trustworthy and transparent strategy. We'll make public our case studies and client testimonials to help in setting the new standard for SEO services.
- We share what we know. We know that information is power and we will share our ideas, experience and tools freely.
Laura Lippay, President
With an eye for the big picture and a history in increasing online visibility for some of the largest brands on the internet, Laura has focused on content marketing strategy, cross-channel marketing, social media and SEO for Fortune 500 & 1000, enterprise and mid-sized businesses for over 10 years. Laura is President of How's Your Pony? concentrating on internet marketing, content strategy, competitive analysis and in-house SEO and social media, based in the Silicon Valley, and held previous roles that include Partner in the search acquisition consultancy Nine By Blue, and Technical Marketing Director for Yahoo Media. Laura’s web development background lends a unique technical balance to her perspective on internet marketing, bridging gaps between marketing and development teams in order to provide an integrative, comprehensive solution to online visibility.
On the side, Laura mountain bikes, snowboards and follows the revolutionary technological innovations in biologically–embedded interfaces (such as Brain-Computer Interfaces (BCI)) that will change the face of marketing communication in the near future.
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/lauralippay
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lauralippay
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/118317059132395046816/posts
Heather Quintal, Marketing Strategist
With over a decade in media advertising, consumer and B2B marketing, and sales-oriented content strategy Heather brings her passion for audience building, user experience and customer acquisition to How's Your Pony.
A not-so-secret data nerd, Heather loves digging through mountains of data to pull out the insights and information that matter for your business. Her resulting digital marketing strategies are research driven and always actionable.
Before working twith How's Your Pony, Heather worked for media heavy hitters such as Village Voice Media and Hearst Corporation. She has also consulted for a number of niche sites and publications in Seattle and San Francisco.
Anshul Gautam, Organic Search Strategist
With a craving for online marketing and a background of more than 6 Years in verticals including customer acquisition, B2B product marketing and software development, Anshul brings his passion for organic search marketing, analytics and content strategy to How's Your Pony. Anshul has previously held roles as a Web Producer for Quinstreet, Marketing manager for Xenia consulting and Software Developer for Pace PLC, 2Wire and Kenati.
Anshul's unique experience in software development and marketing gives him the ability to understand business problems and provide solutions by collaborating effectively across multiple internal teams. Apart from work, Anshul loves to play table tennis, swim (butterfly stroke), dance, play guitar and read about business and technology.
You can connect with Anshul at:
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/anshulgautam
- Linkedin: http://in.linkedin.com/in/anshgautam
- Google+: http://plus.google.com/116031367688252548203
Eric Lander, Organic Search Strategist
Eric has been honed in on organic search optimization since 2001. Beginning his career by co-founding two separate SEO firms, he has moved on to spend years entrenched in the online marketing divisions of Fortune 500 organizations. With a diverse blend of in-house and agency experience, Eric has proven experience in SEO, PPC and social marketing in a number of site platforms. With proven experience in B2B, lead generation, e-commerce and consumer platforms, Eric's experience benefits HYP clients in a multitude of ways.
Understanding that the SEO industry is one built on collaborative efforts, Eric has also invested time in providing information back to the SEO community as both an author and speaker. He has made multiple appearances at Search Marketing Expo, Affiliate Summit and Boston area conferences while also serving as an Associate Editor of Search Engine Journal and author for multiple publications.
Outside of his SEO career, Eric is an avid MLS fan (and New England Revolution season ticket holder), saltwater angler and dedicated family man to two amazing kids and a beautiful wife.
You can connect with Eric at:
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/ericlanderseo
- Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/eric-lander/38/12/33a
- Google+: http://plus.google.com/117460905874619420595
What's the story behind the name?
It made you smile didn't it?
It’s a little odd, it’s memorable and it can make your brain tingle with the possibilities of what 'How's Your Pony?' could possibly mean. But ultimately, like a Rorschach test, it means whatever you want it to. The name was born in an off-the-cuff "say what?!" kind of moment that Laura's advertising madman husband Chris spits out from time to time. And sure enough, it stuck as the company name.
How's your pony...?